Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 1


Today I visited Dr. Cheng's (my mentor) office after school. He asked me what I knew about chiropractic care and I told him my knowledge based on the research I did. Then, he gave me a tour of the work place and introduced me to the rest of the employees. He had to finish treating his patients so I had to wait for a few minutes. I sat on the massage chair he had in the office and it felt so good on my back. Dr. Cheng then asked me what I observed while waiting for him and I told him I was watching the fish in his aquarium. We shared a laugh and he told me that listening is a key tool he uses for determining what's wrong with his patients. He told more background info about Chiropractic care and why he loves it. I learned that this type of therapy has high benefits with low risk for patients. Basically seeing a chiropractor is safer than taking medicine. He explained that his work can help an injured athlete to get back to their game at 100% because he helps the recovery process to speed up. I asked him what he would like me to do in his office in the future and he told me I would most likely be just observing and organizing paperwork. He'll try to get me to watch one of his adjustments with his patients. I would like to do and learn more while working under Dr. Cheng in the future. That's all for now folks, until next time.....

-Ya boii John!

Time logged in: 1hr
Time logged total: 1hr

No comments:

Post a Comment