Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Stranger than Fiction Write-Up

After watching the film Stranger Than Fiction, I can connect the roles of being an author and a narrator of a story. I know for a fact that the author controls the story and and has the power to decide what will happen next. The narrator is basically the author's voice and is reading what the author wrote. Just like how in the movie whatever Ms. Eiffel typed in the type writer was narrated and actually happened to Harold Crick. Originally, Harold was supposed to die until Karen discovered that Harold was a real person. Karen, being the author, had the power to change how her book was going to end and came up with a new ending that saved Harold's life. So I believe that the author has a lot more power than the narrator, who just reads what the author wrote. 

Well since we had to write a research paper and not a speech, I had to leave out any personal nouns. I imagined my self as a narrator to avoid writing in any pronouns. It helped because I had that narrator who narrates books in third person omniscient. I think who ever reads my paper might be hooked after they read some of the information I found researching. I think they may find it interesting how steroids will be affecting people. 

3 comments:

  1. But, the narrator had a tremendous amount of power over Harold's life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah true but the narrator in this case was the author!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, exactly right. Where do those lines blur?

    ReplyDelete