This is a post for Tuesday February 5 and Thursday February 7 2013.
Day 6 was another filing and removing staples day at Dr. Cheng's office. Those papers are records of his patients since the late 90's and I'm helping Dr. Cheng prepare them to be scanned to be stored in the computer. I had only 5 files but they were pretty thick ones and it took me about an hour to finish removing staples and another 45 minutes doing another stack. It's pretty boring work but the Jazz music in the background helps me through the job. It was a slow afternoon as only a couple of people had appointments and one of those people was Coach Oca who is a football coach and a teacher in South City. Other than that it was a slow day. I hope I could do more in the future so I could get an idea what to do for my presentation.
Day 7 was another file and removing staples day at Dr. Cheng's office. I filed for the majority of my visit but I did other things as well. It was a pretty busy afternoon/night, there were a lot of patients who came in. I saw a couple of girls from South City who had a physical scheduled. One of them was having fun with the massage chair. I know this because I had to observe what was going on in the office. Dr. Cheng had me listen in while he worked with a patient. I picked up his techniques and methods of diagnosing injuries while i listened. He asked the patient questions and had them go on different positions checking for any pain. After that he gave his diagnosis and recommended what was best for the patient. He then explained that he doesn't like skip steps or procedures when he does his job unlike some doctors and physicians. That seems to be a pet peeve of his. This visit was much more interesting and I hope to have more visits like this.
Until next time,
-Ya boii John!
Time logged (Day 6&7): 4 hrs
Time logged in total: 11 and 1/2 hours
No comments:
Post a Comment